TITLE: Office Manager/Maintenance Coordinator/Property Management Assistant
CLASSIFICATION: Full Time (non-exempt)
REPORTS TO: Director of Asset Management
Summary of Responsibilities:
To perform administrative, organizational, property management, and special project duties for the office and the property management team. Maintain a positive team-oriented attitude while building tenant and vendor loyalty by having a total service approach.
Must be flexible, organized, detailed oriented, and able to juggle multiple tasks. Provide timely and accurate correspondence to the team, tenants, and vendors as requested. Willingness to take after hours calls as necessary. Other tasks as requested to support the property management department.
- Office Management (25%): Ensure the office runs smoothly and efficiently. Administrative support to for the office including sorting mail, sending overnight packages, picking up rent payments, scanning and filing documents, ordering office supplies, opening and closing the office, help organize team events, and keeping permanent files up to date. Assist others in the office with reports and keep meeting minutes.
- Building Maintenance (40%): Act as liaison between owner and clients in handling problems, complaints, and promote a professional working relationship with the tenants. Carry out the work order administration, dispatching, correspondence, reporting, file maintenance, and follow up on work performed. Complete building inspections and arrange for needed repairs. Coordinate backflow and fire system tests and repairs for all properties. Solicit and review vendor bids and prepare contracts as necessary. Support the Asset Manager in managing day to day maintenance and capital projects.
- Property Administration (35%): Assist in the process of transferring assets from the development team to the asset management team. Transfer utilities when a tenant’s lease starts or stops and when assets are purchased or sold. Review the budget vs actual reports monthly and plan maintenance and repairs according to the budget. Annually assist the Accountant in preparing operating budgets. Review and approve invoices, ensuring appropriate supporting documentation is included and charges are accurate and allocated correctly. Maintain the tenant and vendor insurance files.
- Must be a self-starter, self-disciplined, and highly organized
- Ability to prioritize
- Excellent phone, verbal, and written communication skills
- Proficient in MS Office with strong Word and Excel skills
- Background in maintenance scheduling/tasking and or building systems a plus
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Experience in property management preferred